No announcement yet.

yeast starter for BIG batch production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would make sure that the nutrient you are using contains all the trace mineral and vitamin B1 that is required, they don't always. And your main batch....take care of nutrient requirements there too, lots of musts contain the right nutrient requirements, but some don't.

I use vitamon ultra nutrient from Brouwland, and it contains everything required. It's about £20 for a kilo...fab stuff.

Originally posted by brouwland
    vitamon ultra erbsloh 1 kg 002.105.5 € 22,88
    Perfectly balanced mixture with yeast nutritive salt, vitamin B1, yeast cell extract and yeast cell walls. Absorbs fermentation inhibitors (spray residues), increases the available nitrogen for the yeast cells and improves the cell reproduction. Ensures a fast and clean fermentation without residual sugar.
    Absorbs fermentation inhibitors (spray residues), increases the available nitrogen for the yeast cells and improves the cell reproduction. Ensures a fast and clean fermentation without residual sugar. Dose: 4 g / 10 litres

When to add yeast nutrients?
    The order in which ingredients are added is very important because one can strongly influence the other, also in a negative way! Nutrients are always added BEFORE the yeast.

I'm pretty sure they will ship to you too, there service is fast and at cost.

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
      Also, is this a variable capacity tank with a floating lid?

If so (and I'm not speaking from personal experience), I've read that you shouldn't age in such tanks because the lids don't always form a perfect seal.
      Don't get me started! I have just bought my third one of these second hand [very] off ebay and it has put up a pretty fight against being used. But despite that THESE ARE BRILL.

If you check your airlock regularly - at the same time check your seal pressure. BRILL.

In fact Spankingly brill. They will certainly see some of my carboys go up for sale.
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
        I would make sure that the nutrient you are using contains all the trace mineral and vitamin B1 that is required, they don't always. And your main batch....take care of nutrient requirements there too, lots of musts contain the right nutrient requirements, but some don't.

I use vitamon ultra nutrient from Brouwland, and it contains everything required. It's about £20 for a kilo...fab stuff.

[/B]
        I'm pretty sure they will ship to you too, there service is fast and at cost.

regards
        Bob
        ok, so i need 1.2kg for 3000liters, about 25GBP plus shipping, that's ok, thanks, steve

PS, that's a great catalog on their website http://www.brouwland.com/content/ass...8WEBengels.pdf
        Last edited by fullmoonwinery; 13-04-2010, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X