refracometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refracometer

can anyone recommend a refractometer preferably with brix and gravity readings as im slowly but surely upgrading everything(dont tell the wife)
    1gal turbo cider bubbling,1gal easy pineapple bubbling
    4gal elderberry maturing,2gal sugarbeet wine maturing
    1 gal hedgrow wine maturing,
    drinking cyser drinking elderflower

Originally posted by granda View Post
    can anyone recommend a refractometer preferably with brix and gravity readings as im slowly but surely upgrading everything(dont tell the wife)
    As yet, I've failed to find one that shows those 2 scales. What you will find, is one that has brix and the Oeschle scale. the Oeschle scale is basically the same as gravity, but please look it up first and you'll see what I mean.

There's one at Brouwland but to my thinking it's a little bit expensive.

There's also some available on ebay, but those ones seem to have 3 scales, Brix, Oe and a slightly more obscure scale that's used in Austria (apparently) and I felt that to have 3 scales looked potentially confusing.

As far as I can tell it does seem that those are the two options, as I've yet to locate one that is actually graduated in gravity scale readings.......

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
    X