King of Yeasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koomber View Post
    I will love you forever for using the word 'apoplectic'. Possibly my favourite word and cheered me up no end this morning after I've been abusing juice of the grape and the grain!

That sounds like a plan. How long/many people would a 500g stretch to? Isn't that about 100 gallons of wine? What about storage of the seperated packet?

I have a baaad heeed. I too have been abusing juice of the grape and the grain [Seyavl,Cilli & Knob Creek to be precise]!

Thanks for saving my bacon - I found the number but would have been a complete tit asking for Peter!

...need paracetamol.

oh and yes I am in for yeast share - how much does one bag do?

... need tea as well. bye
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Decided not to bother with burp counting this morning. As Bob'o Wan Kenobi would say:

Use the Hydrometer Luke!

D47: no foam. SG = 1040
      GV1: 1cm foam. SG = 1040
      GV2: 1cm foam. SG = 1030
      K1-V116: no foam. SG = 1052
      Bread Yeast: SG = 1020

Given that Bob reckons that the K1 will finish first, I have a suspicion that my kitchen is getting colder than I think over night. I'm gonna have to sort out that Data harvester to check.
      Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
      Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
      -Police Squad

Comment

As Bob'o Wan Kenobi would say:

Bob'o Wan Kenobi??????

lololol

these are not the airlocks you are looking for, you don't need to count their bloops
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

LOL indeed I fear this could stick.

"Can you fly a cruiser like this?"

.......now look what you started?
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

if you look bottom left you can select a jedi knight style for the forum
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Interesting that the bread yeast has dropped the most SG points.

how much temp fluctuation do you think you have koomber?

(I suspect the bread yeast will quit soon too, around 1.008 I reckon, although now I've said that...watch it ferment to dry!)
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                l

RC-212 needs careful nutrient additions, but can be bought from a few outlets.
                Things to brew had quite a few packets in this morning....just incase they're rare or something...
                Last edited by ukric; 08-04-2010, 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling doh
                With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Bob'o Wan Kenobi??????

lololol

these are not the airlocks you are looking for, you don't need to count their bloops

Seriously, he must be using Jedi mind trickery or something. I've barely been here for 3 weeks and I've gone from 2 gallons of wine to 10.

Bob: "Graham you should totally try Lychee wine. It's super"
                  Graham: "Hmmm. I should totally try Lychee wine. It looks super"
                  -Police Squad

Comment

Seriously, he must be using Jedi mind trickery or something. I've barely been here for 3 weeks and I've gone from 2 gallons of wine to 10.

Bob: "Graham you should totally try Lychee wine. It's super"
                    Graham: "Hmmm. I should totally try Lychee wine. It looks super"

Might be able to dig you out a bottle to try if you like.

I'll have to try one soon to make sure it's ok!

Comment

FULL MARKS!!! Very good.

Comment

500g split would likely serve 100 winemakers if they all made a starter of it, it could last them a full year.

http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=908
                        ..and some good nutrient to go with.
                        Quote form tech spec. "High requirement in assimilable nitrogen".

Perhaps a spot of Marmite Eh!

Comment

I suspect it will get much worse, before it get any better :
                          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

oh they were the days - I remember 10 gallons

Comment

Another day another SG reading....

I've been away all weekend at Go Ape in Stirling mucking about in the trees and on the zip lines. Had a chance to inflict my Apple wine on my mother who drank about a bottle.

Got back this evening and took stock of the test. I'm not sure if its the good weather, but the GV had a nice head of foam. All the rest were about what they've been before.

GV1: 0.5cm foam (Just a light covering, there were patches of no foam). SG 1.006

GV2: 2-3cm foam. Went a bit mental! SG 1.004

K1-V116: No foam. SG 1.002

D47: No Foam. 0.998

Bread Yeast: 1cm foam. Complete Covering. SG 0.990. Yup 0.990

Not sure what to make of the results so far!
                              Last edited by koomber; 11-04-2010, 10:59 PM. Reason: K1-V116 orig read 1.1002. corrected.
                              -Police Squad

Comment

Interesting that the bread yeast has dropped the most SG points.

how much temp fluctuation do you think you have koomber?

(I suspect the bread yeast will quit soon too, around 1.008 I reckon, although now I've said that...watch it ferment to dry!)
                                Just thought I'd quote this. Jedi mind tricks or NostraBobus
                                -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
                                X