No announcement yet.

Red wine from Juice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks elleks! I've never seen the stuff, though that is probably cos I generally don't get juice from the chiller. I'll see if i can get some - sounds like it would be a nice wine!

Comment

Originally posted by modofodo View Post
      Thanks elleks! I've never seen the stuff, though that is probably cos I generally don't get juice from the chiller. I'll see if i can get some - sounds like it would be a nice wine!
      It's not in the chiller...
      It's with the other long life shelf suff...

LINKY

Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

I'd never seen it, googled it and assumed from the packaging that it was a 'chilled' juice. Luckily my wife spotted it anyhow and I now have a carton

I'd have probably come away empty handed!

Thanks!

Comment

You might want to try Sour Cherry Nectar from Lidl - at least 50% fruit I believe.

I made a decent rosé from it a couple of years ago.
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Cheers Goldseal. Does your Lidl have the cherry stuff regularly? there are about 5 Lidl stores within a 15 mile radius of here and they only appear to have it every now and then (haven't seen it for months).

It could be 'Anti Gout' wine......

My ma outlaw suffers from gout, we by her cherry stuff when we can. She never drinks it and complains about the pain - that's another story.

Comment

I don't visit that often because I have an allergy to supermarkets, like many males

Admittedly there didn't seem to be much of it on the shelf. Maybe I should go and grab some more.
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Me either.. I'll check our local next time I go, but when we have tried to get it before for the old dear it is only ever there in small batches sporadically.

As an aside, the blueberry that bob suggests for the wn2 is a juice drink not juice? Is this correct?

Comment

Me either.. I'll check our local next time I go, but when we have tried to get it before for the old dear it is only ever there in small batches sporadically.

As an aside, the blueberry that bob suggests for the wn2 is a juice drink not juice? Is this correct?

The blueberry in Wine #2 is a long life juice...
                  If I remember correctly, the one Bob uses in the tutorials, is the blueberry juice from Morrisons....
                  Hope this helps
                  Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Correct!

N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Ocean Spray have got a new blueberry juice drink http://www.oceanspray.co.uk/products...juice_drink_1l
                      This has 12% blueberry and an additional 2% elderberry (which can't be a bad addition).
                      It was 2 for £1.60 in Tescos the other day so have made a no. 2 with it.
                      To err is human.. to drink divine...

Comment

Andirou, that sounds great, will keep an eye out for that. Trouble is, lingering in the juice isle is no longer a healthy pursuit. She knows that my brain is fixed on wine....

Comment

Working...
                        X