screw bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These seem to be OUCH expensive.

99 euro's for the crimp and then 16 cents each. And then there's the question of if they fit. There are many different sizes in my experience (same applies to PET).

..and for wine you are much better off with cork!

Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

more info on screw caps

Comment

Normacorks are easier on screw cap bottles - they seem to exert less pressure on the glass. Although screwcap bottles are not designed to take a cork at all.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

i'm currently trying to replace my screw top bottles (which i cork) with proper cork bottles, i have a deal with my local landlord where i go in and drink his beer and he gives me his empties.

it's slow going though as the only corked bottle on his wine list is a rioja, i'm currently at about 30%cork bottles. just a shame he doesn't sell a wine in a clear glass corked bottle!!

i also take all his magners bottles from him, now i just need to find a hotel that does weddings for the champagne bottles and i'm set

Comment

Freecycle was always a decent source of bottles when I was building stocks.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Not being too fussy, and asking for all wine bottles off everyone worked for me. Recycling the ones I didn't want, and keeping the better ones. I found a local Chinese restaurant was a very good source or clear cork bottles and alsace types. I keep some of the screw tops to bottle 1 gallon trial recipes, and to give away to the bottle suppliers.

Comment

Working...
              X