New recipe wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New recipe wanted

For your Jam wine recipe I used Passion fruit for a med sweet white wine and it went down very well, it was the second best liked wine in the Taste and Tell.

I am going to try the Christmas pudding wine for 2012 as I think it will turn out golden

I am looking for a red wine for 2011 Taste and Tell, made out of something out of the ordinary any ideas.

Thanks

PS. I don't know what is going on it took me half an hour this morning to log in.

Originally posted by Old un View Post
    PS. I don't know what is going on it took me half an hour this morning to log in.
    What problems were you having?

not had any error messages or outages, all running 100%

are you sure it isn't an ISP or an EBCAS issue?
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I seem to have problems logging in

Every time I visit I have to log in, some times it works first time, others like today it wont let me log in, what happens is

I log in and tell it to remember me, the next page comes up which says

" Welcome, Old un. You last visited: 06-04-2010 at 01:11 PM Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0. "

It will let me in to all areas which are members only, but it will not let me Post a message on the forum.

I am on a number of other forums for all sorts of things but only have problems with this site.

Comment

That's a cookie issue

when you tell it to remember you, your internet explorer places a cookie on your machine, if that cookie is lost or removed then it wont remember you next time.

You need to enable cookies on your machine. (internet settings) and it will work fine then, The issue isn't with the site, its that your machine isn't storing the cookie because of your web browser settings.

The other sites you are a member of obviously don't use cookies.
        Last edited by lockwood1956; 09-04-2010, 07:09 PM.
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Thanks any way Lockwood, I have got round it by using Google Chrome and it seems to work OK.

Can you help me with the first part of my posting?

For your Jam wine recipe I used Passion fruit for a med sweet white wine and it went down very well, it was the second best liked wine in the Taste and Tell.

I am going to try the Christmas pudding wine for 2012 as I think it will turn out golden

I am looking for a red wine for 2011 Taste and Tell, made out of something out of the ordinary any ideas.

Comment

hmmmm

something unusual for a red?

will come back to you on that one
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              something unusual for a red?
              Orange peel, tea bag and cherry pack-a-pie ?
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                Orange peel, tea bag and cherry pack-a-pie ?
                Yep.....that sounds unusual lol
                Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

Originally posted by Old un View Post
                  -----%<-----

Perhaps it's just a case of looking around the supermarkets to see what unusual jams are available for this? Because what might be available in one, isn't stocked in another.

Plus, wouldn't it be better to have a look in one of the discounters i.e. Aldi, Lidl, etc etc as they often have stuff that's slightly off the beaten track because or their national affiliation/origin..........

Or find a fruit blend/mix that might be a little bit different and then follow those lines.

Hell, does it have to be jam? How about the Christmas Pudding wine recipe ? Might not really be red, but it's probably very far from a white........

regards

jtfb
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                  X