Sparkling number 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparkling number 1

Me and the missus opened the first bottle of our Sparkling No 1 that has been sitting for a couple of months. What a surprise, the stopper made a good pop as it come out and it frothed to the top on pouring into flutes.

All I can say is 30 mins later the bottle was empty we both were really shocked on how good it tasted. Standard No1 recipe using champagne yeast

The bad news we had already had a few beers and a bottle of No 2 and I awoke with a bit of a bad head

...soo kit wine create bad heads to then?
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

No mention of kit wines here Brian ? Nice result Happy K, did you disgorge the sediment ? if not how well did it compact & how did it pour ?
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Result!

wine No1 has to be the most versatile wine ever

and for the record it is sleep that causes hangovers.......

I bet you felt fine just before going to sleep?
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

LOL yeah def the sleep that gave me the bad head or the beer which was the new Crabbies alcoholic ginger beer which was a bit nice. So nice I started a ginger beer plant last night to make my own.

Yes used the freeze method to disgorge the sediment, A BIG THANKS to Duffbeer for the tutorial

Comment

Working...
          X