Refilling old bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refilling old bags

Does anyone have any wise ideas/tricks (similar to 'Wasted Corks') for getting the tap out of a bag-in-box bag. To enable them to be refilled please.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

I managed to reuse some. They had a black plastic tap, which you twisted to pour. I found that if the tap was opened with a bit of force it would come off, leaving an aperture through which you could sanitise and refill it.

Some bags have a press-to-pour tap. I managed to dismantle one, but it appeared to be glued together and I couldn't reassemble it so it would reliably stay watertight.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

I've found that if you push the tap all the way in, I've not been able to to remove it.

I usually leave a small gap now and have had no leaking issues.

Comment

I find the easiest way to refill an old bag is to give swmbo another bottle of pinot grigio...

Just as well she spends her time on card making forums and doesn't visit any of my home brew favourites

Comment

Updated my approach: It can be sterilized, emptied and re-filled through the tap. Easy peasey. Found a short piece of rubber hose inch long, makes a good adapter and fixes the problem.

Fill by weight 1L = 1KG
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by grumpysod View Post
            I find the easiest way to refill an old bag is to give swmbo another bottle of pinot grigio...

Just as well she spends her time on card making forums and doesn't visit any of my home brew favourites
            Love it!!
            Discount Home Brew Supplies
            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
            National Wine Judge
            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

I was in ALdi's in Aberdeen today and they have an outdoor sale on. One of the things they have in the sale is (to make the description easy) a 20L Wine Bag. It comes with a tap that can be screwed on/off. They were £4...

Given the amount of wine some chaps in here make, maybe that would be more useful than a 'mere' wine box size
              Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
              Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
              -Police Squad

Comment

I think this is what you mean?
                With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Originally posted by koomber View Post
                  I was in ALdi's in Aberdeen today and they have an outdoor sale on. One of the things they have in the sale is (to make the description easy) a 20L Wine Bag. It comes with a tap that can be screwed on/off. They were £4...

Given the amount of wine some chaps in here make, maybe that would be more useful than a 'mere' wine box size
                  These are well worth a try, but in the past I have found other types don't collapse as well as a wine bladder, and then suck air in. Good price too. Good find.

Comment

Working...
                  X