wine #1 adding more body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wine #1 adding more body

is there a way to add a bit more 'body' to this wine? I know its only a juice wine and really needs grape sinks, but is there a way to substutie this?

Bob or someone with more experience then me might be able to help you better - but I would have said maybe try adding a white grape juice concentrate will help to give the wine a bit more body.

Young's make them and you should be able to buy them here.

http://www.hobbywinesupplies.co.uk/index.php

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by robbo79 View Post
      is there a way to add a bit more 'body' to this wine? I know its only a juice wine and really needs grape sinks, but is there a way to substutie this?
      Grape skins have no place in this wine, and it can't easily be made into something much bigger really, that would need to be a different wine from the start.

If you want a bigger white, start with 1 litre grape concentrate per gallon, this will give you a bigger base wine....

hope that helps

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

cheers guys

Comment

you could add a teaspoon of glycerine before or after fermentation or add a banana slurry instead of some water(5/6 bananas cut into small pieces ,skins and all, and boiled for 15-20mins)
          1gal turbo cider bubbling,1gal easy pineapple bubbling
          4gal elderberry maturing,2gal sugarbeet wine maturing
          1 gal hedgrow wine maturing,
          drinking cyser drinking elderflower

Comment

sounds interesting? Boil up 5 bananas??

Comment

iv just bottled a variant of #1.. using 2 white grape and 2 apple and topped up to halfway between shoulder and neck of dj with water to allow for any foaming.. after a day or so i topped up to bottom of neck with grape juice and fermented to 1000..

i did not de gass ,stabilised sulphited and then left to clear the normal way..any topping up at rackings was with water..

turned out very nice indeed..

billy

Comment

Working...
              X