Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winemaking sheds

Originally posted by ukric View Post
    ....... I have been mostly eyeing up the nextdoor neighbours parking space with a view to putting a winery shed on it
    Started me thinking. I have always believed that wine sheds are important stuff, I think they make more of an impact on production than any thing else. Is there a direct correlation: no space = no vino?

Since I moved into my current one my winemaking has gone bonkers.

Whats yours?

We touched on this a little while ago - is there a 'best practice' blue print for building one?
    Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 27-04-2010, 05:43 PM.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

I'm sure this is one of those 'what time does the one o'clock gun go off?' questions, but what is a winemaking shed?
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

Comment

Originally posted by koomber View Post
      I'm sure this is one of those 'what time does the one o'clock gun go off?' questions, but what is a winemaking shed?
      erm, a shed for making wine ???

or is it a trick question

regards

jtfb
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
        erm, a shed for making wine ???

or is it a trick question

regards

jtfb
        Lol. Do you just make the wine in there and feremnt elsewhere or do you ferment there? Given that ageing should be at a lower temperature than fermentation (I think) would you need to keep the ageing bottles else where?
        Would the shed need to be specially insulated to help (I know that up here, you'll be lucky to get adequate temps in a shed to ferment).

I'm going by my standard definition of shed as in built of wood.
        -Police Squad

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know what a winemaking shed is either.
          Steve

Comment

It's an old post.. But it's a shed for making wine in.

Comment

I have a 6 car garage, do you think I could use some of it for a winemaking shed? No! He says the house is mine and the garage is his. My fermenting wine is lined up behind the couch, slid behind the tv and tucked in a couple closets. A shed would be nice.
              Hootus est

Comment

Men and sheds are meant to be together - especially when their wives are hunting for their heads!

I dream of a shed big enough to tinker with my wines in and to have a table and chairs where my mates and me can sit and start off extolling the virtues of the fermented nectar and end up talking double-Dutch!

I can dream can't I?
                “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!â€
                Groucho Marx

Comment

thats a mighty fine dream, but isn't it a pub ?
                  Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by grandmawoods View Post
                    I have a 6 car garage, do you think I could use some of it for a winemaking shed? No! He says the house is mine and the garage is his. My fermenting wine is lined up behind the couch, slid behind the tv and tucked in a couple closets. A shed would be nice.
                    Get a shed/nice out building, make it look a bit provincial and call it a winery. No longer a shed
                    -Police Squad

Comment

I'd actually settle on getting the spare bedroom back. But I'm not ready to evict my mother-in-law, yet.
                      Hootus est

Comment

A woman needs shoes, hand bags, or 500 shades of lipsticks

A man needs an allotment, a golf course, or a shed - wine making or other wise

Simples

Edit..... notice...no reference to number of shoes, or handbags ... As subject to continual changel.
                        Number of lipsticks only added for reference purposes. This number may go up, as well as down
                        Last edited by spritzer; 29-04-2010, 03:08 AM. Reason: ahem ;) no point in posting a reason for editing...cos my mind will change soon after hitting the enter button ;)
                        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

“Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!â€
                          Groucho Marx

Comment

at my old allotment i built or rather dug a well by hand and on top of this well for safety we built a shed but what we fould was that the water in the ground and the air made the shed a perfect place for fresh food storage because it is always 6 degrees dow there which means in the summer is cooling every thing down and the winter time it is above freezing. so a shed storage area is easily posible to do for wines
                            Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Working...
                            X