3yrs on.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3yrs on.....

In a couple of days time I will have been a member of this forum for 3 years, so what's happened over the past 3 yrs and why am I still here?

I joined this forum because I wasn't happy with another forum that i had joined and this one seemed to be a better source of knowledge/advice. Within a few days of joining the forum I had been invited to visit Pontefract Wine Circle and was offered the chance of making wine from fresh grapes at a reasonable cost. I met Bob and Karl at pontefract Wine Circle, was told my wine was rubbish and apart from that, had a great time.

Not long after I entered my first comp and got a first place, the buzz I got from that was amazing, there is a pic on the forum somewhere of me receiving my cert from the Donny Chairman. From this point on I was hooked. The most amazing day I had was at the Lincoln Federation show a couple of years ago when 15 of 16 bottles entered got placed.

While all this was going on, I was being bullied into doing judges exams. I finally caved in (even Martina was in on the act) and took the theory exam and passed. Bob mentored me through the practical stuff and second time round I passed this too (megga buzz).

So, what's the point to this ramble? Well, you join a forum and you never know where it is going to take you. If I had not joined this forum I would have given up making wine after doing a few Youngs kits and not experienced what can be achieved. Pontefract Wine Circle are now the pride of Yorkshire and I have been part of this success.

Thank you Bob Morton
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Awwww shuks Rich, what a lovely thing to say
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Damn, I'm not even drunk, shall I delete it.

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S View Post
        In a couple of days time I will have been a member of this forum for 3 years, so what's happened over the past 3 yrs and why am I still here?

I joined this forum because I wasn't happy with another forum that i had joined and this one seemed to be a better source of knowledge/advice. Within a few days of joining the forum I had been invited to visit Pontefract Wine Circle and was offered the chance of making wine from fresh grapes at a reasonable cost. I met Bob and Karl at pontefract Wine Circle, was told my wine was rubbish and apart from that, had a great time.

Not long after I entered my first comp and got a first place, the buzz I got from that was amazing, there is a pic on the forum somewhere of me receiving my cert from the Donny Chairman. From this point on I was hooked. The most amazing day I had was at the Lincoln Federation show a couple of years ago when 15 of 16 bottles entered got placed.

While all this was going on, I was being bullied into doing judges exams. I finally caved in (even Martina was in on the act) and took the theory exam and passed. Bob mentored me through the practical stuff and second time round I passed this too (megga buzz).

So, what's the point to this ramble? Well, you join a forum and you never know where it is going to take you. If I had not joined this forum I would have given up making wine after doing a few Youngs kits and not experienced what can be achieved. Pontefract Wine Circle are now the pride of Yorkshire and I have been part of this success.

Thank you Bob Morton
        Originally posted by Richard S View Post
        Damn, I'm not even drunk, shall I delete it.
        Nope
        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Wow

what a wonderful thing to say Richard..... I am (for once) speechless

thank you dude
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
            I am (for once) speechless
            Another achievement

Comment

I wasn't saying anything.....but the wine finger was still pointing!
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
              X