Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose/Blush Style Recipes

Hi All,

I have been asked to make some medium Rose/Blush style wine and was hoping that some of you would have favourite tried and tested recipes.

I have had a good read through the recipe section and also searched the forum. I have tried the Fruit tea wine recipe with a couple of Twinings variations (try Blackberry and nettle - it rocks). I have also got a WN2 on the go and my own Raspberry thing (from Raspberry syrup).

Thank you.

I cannot remember the recipe............

but ukric made a whizz bang rose...he will be along soon enough to share...

but im fairly sure it was a teabag wine
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

i find rosé the easiest wine to make, tho my best wines are not rosé. I'm confident you'll have good results in a few months. if not pm me for a few recipes.
      3 main methods i use:
      1/ second run on the fruit/pulp/lees
      2/ second run on the lees of a good kit (+ cartons of juice)
      3/ something like a WN1
      Last edited by ms67; 05-08-2010, 12:00 AM.
      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

A Rose by design is a complete joy.....

Rosehip and hibiscus tea bags

make a tea from them (15 to 20 tea bags in 1.5 litres of boiling water for 15 minutes) and add this to a wine No1 must......you won't go far wrong
        Last edited by lockwood1956; 05-08-2010, 12:09 AM.
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

or....................

wine No2 from the new winemaker series
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Ey up, I shall dig out the notes tomorrow and share this one.....it's decent stuff
            With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Thank you all for the replies.

I have done a verbatim WN2 which is currently at clearing stage. It smells very nice.

I have tried the teabag recipe that recommends the Twinings bags (elderflower, loganberry etc) and have also done it with Blackberry and Nettle (delicious) and as mentioned above have the Raspberry concoction on the go. I was just hoping to try out a few more recipes really.

Rosehip and hibbiscus sounds interesting - I have no idea what either taste like so that will be a new taste sensation! Where do you procure the bags from?

Also read somewhere about Pineapple and coconut (obviously not rose) but could not find the recipe....

Thanks ukric, look forward to it.

Thanks again!

Comment

Rosehip and hibiscus tea bags were procured from Holland and Barrett
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Noted. Thank you! Shall get some next time I am in the metropolis that is Neath.

Comment

2L Red grape juice
                    1L White grape juice
                    1 tin of strawberries in syrup (john west i think these were)
                    1 tin of strawberries in fruit juice (same)
                    30ml of rose syrup (Tesco may sell this, although I got it from our local indian supermarket)
                    10x Twinings Raspberry Strawberry and Loganberry fruit infusions
                    Lalvin 71b-1122
                    Tronozymol
                    2tsp pectic enzyme
                    1/8 tsp tannin
                    1 tsp Tartatic acid *this is not enough
                    Sugar

All the grape juice, the tin of strawberries in syrup, acid, nutrient, pectic enzyme, tannin and sugar to 1.082 in primary.
                    Ferment to 1.010.
                    Add the rose syrup (I'm not sure how much of a difference this actually made)

When it's back at 1.010, ready to rack.

For the tea bag infusion.... Get a thermos flask, add the tea bags and COLD water. Seal and leave overnight.

Add the infusion and the tin of strawberries in fruit juice to a DJ and rack, adding sulphite.

Ferment to as dry as possible, you will probably find that the ferment will stop around 0.994, I think there is something non fermentable in the infusion having done a few of these.

Rack as necessary this throws off quite a bit of lees. When it's as clear as you want it, sulphite, sorbate, backsweeten, degass, fine and filter if you wish.

I made mine to 1.015, this was too high, after discussion, 1.010 should be about the highest to take it, but taste it and see what you think.

* I did end up adding acid post ferment to taste in addition to the 1tsp tartaric to offset the additional sweetness.
                    With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Thanks Ukric! That looks like an interesting one! I actually have some of them tea bags on the counter in the kitchen. They were destined for the fruit teabag recipe posted by Duffbeer, but I am sure I can get some more!

The rose syrup can be gotten from tesco:

I don't have any Lalvin 71b-1122 or Tronozymol.

I do have some standard nutrient and some vit b1 tablets, but was going to get some Tronozymol when I order supplies next, I will add some Lalvin 71b-1122 to the order, looks like a useful yeast!

Thank you, will let you know how it turns out (might take a while).

Comment

If you have any Gervin D, you can use that - it's the same as 71B-1122
                        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Thanks goldseal. I think I might have some, I did buy a couple of different Gervin sachets when I got a sachet for the xmas pud stuff. Trouble is, I have mislaid them.....

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                            A Rose by design is a complete joy.....

Rosehip and hibiscus tea bags

make a tea from them (15 to 20 tea bags in 1.5 litres of boiling water for 15 minutes) and add this to a wine No1 must......you won't go far wrong
                            Just an update to this,Sainsbury's have these in packs of 40 for £1.49. I will be making some of this. Ta!

Comment

Think I will have a go at this one as it sounds nice.

One question:

"Add the infusion and the tin of strawberries in fruit juice to a DJ and rack, adding sulphite"

Would you mash the strawberry's at this stage or add them whole?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X