Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big, the bad and the downright ugly

after a short holiday of SIX months the hedgerow is back. sorry

I had to put the whole planet on hold from march as my son decided to have a brain tumour, no matter how many times i told him "if you see a brain tumour on the side of the street dont play with it, " he did,

hump,

,some kids just never listen to thier parents do they,

i only had cancer because kylie had it and it was trendy to be ill, second time was just plain greedy realy, mummy never told me not to get cancer tho so i was a good boy, ha ha

dont worry the son is well and back on his feet eating like a flippen horse or should that read eating a flippin horse!!

I have loads of questions to ask and lots of ideas to bounce around so be prepared as over the next couple of days i will be all over your screens with strange ideas

the only down side is that i have over six months of forum chat to sift through, can anyone remember the good/rude/intresting things.

good to be back Hedgerow Pete
    Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Really pleased to hear your son is doing well, must have been a terrible time for all of you.

Comment

Hi Pete

welcome back

great news that your son is on the mend!

regards
      bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

as a parent you will understand as non parent this is the most upsetting thing ever. the worst part of my son having this brain tumour was the fact that at 15 and three quarters he had to go into the child ward not the adult ward so we ended up every day , sorry that should have read the WIFE had to every day cook him a proper breackfast,( a small pigs worth of sausages and bacon butties) get on the train go to the hospital, feed son properly as he was only allowd a small kiddies portion of food and then help him all day with his physio and read and talk to him as he was blinded for a while by the operation then at lunch time cart him down to the hospital canteen , this is after his ward lunch and then feed him again properly then cart him back to bed then do the same at 6 pm at night, the wife was a saint to do all of this

we knew before he went in it was non cancerous. so that was the wieght of the world lifted off our shoulders. the worst part was sitting down with your child and going through the side effects of what a six hour operation could do.

the deepest darkest low has to be sitting down with your wife and disscussing where if it happened do you want to bury your child, that is a conversation i wish on no parent ever, over my life time i have had to do some pretty awlfull things and been witness to many more but that to me was the worst spot.

Tims recover is so well on that he was signed off from the doctors last week with a clean bill of health and is now starting college this week to become a mechcanic and is at the same time trying to follow his dad in the armed forces exsept he is trying to join the marine commandos rather than the army i was in for seven years.

the down side after all this is when do i get to start to sort through all these new and interesting threads that i have missed out on and whens the next wine circle meeting as i have missed so many of them all
        Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Welcome back Hedgerow! Very happy to hear about your boy's recovery.
          Steve

Comment

Glad to hear from you again, and happy to hear your good news.

Try not to read the Forum all in one sitting though - it'll send you mad
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Hi Hedgerow,

I'm so pleased for you and your wife that this horrible nightmare you've been going through is now over and I wish your son all the very best with his ambitions for the future.
              Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

did you know after reading the forum for several hours you start to get a nervous twitch to the eye and one arm

Comment

Welcome back hedgerow.
                  And also very glad to hear your son is on the mend.

Originally posted by hedgerow View Post
                  did you know after reading the forum for several hours you start to get a nervous twitch to the eye and one arm
                  I think the mods have this as standard, hence their modship
                  Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Originally posted by hedgerow View Post
                    Tims recover is so well on that he was signed off from the doctors last week with a clean bill of health and is now starting college this week to become a mechcanic and is at the same time trying to follow his dad in the armed forces exsept he is trying to join the marine commandos rather than the army i was in for seven years.
                    He might pong but he's not a pongo

Delighted to hear that he'd doing well and going for the Marines. Good Career choice. My brother is in 45, and apart from the whole getting shot at and being trained to kill it seems to largely consist of Del Boy style antics.
                    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                    -Police Squad

Comment

It more of a big boys club with big loud toys a lot of the time just with guns.

must admit given a choice i would have prefered he went for a militry carreer that was a posible civvy job like a spanner monkey or some thing,

marine was not up there , but hey its his life and if he can live it as hard and as full as i have he should have a great time and a life long exsperience,

the only down side is getting shot ignoring the dead bit, it dont alf hurt. its a mix of being hit with a sledge hammer and a slow pushed red hot poker.

Comment

Working...
                      X