Ocean spray cran-Raspberry recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean spray cran-Raspberry recipe

Anyone have a recipe for wine fron ocean spray bottled juice?

Thanks Kodiak

YUP
    in the recipe section under supermarket juices
    http://www.winesathome.net/forum/sho...85&postcount=1

best to check on the carton though....I think the ocean spray juice contains preservatives, so will be hard to get ferment going...the Morrisons own brand is preservative free, I made some of theis and it was a big hit.

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Pectolase?

Thanks Bob,
      What is pectolase? Should I add the campden tablets and let sit for 24 hrs?I checked and it doesn't have preservatives Contents is high fructose, corn syrup,apple juice from concentrate,Cranberry juice from concentrate, sugar raspberry juice,citric acid,fumaric acid,sodium citrate,ascorbic acid.I just did some welches grape juice and it's bubbling away. I didn't know if I should do it the same way.

Thanks Charlie

Comment

Pectolase is an enzyme that eliminates pectin. Pectin is what causes fruit juice to gel when making jelly. Add the campden or K-Meta, wait 12 hours, add the pectic enzyme, wait 12 hours, add your yeast starter. The pectic enzyme is less effective when added directly along with the K-Meta.

All those additives you listed sound OK for fermentation.
        REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Pectic emzyne

I suppose pectic emzyne is the same thing, I also picked up some tannin and acid blend should I put that in as well?And if so what order and wait time.

Thanks for the info hippie.

Charlie

Comment

Add tannin per label instruction, if you want. It is not neccessary. It adds to the mouthfeel of the finished wine, so you might want to taste the must while adding. I would not add acid unless you know what the ph and acid level is beforehand.
            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Kodiak, adding the correct Acid is important. Unless you find a recipe for the exact kind of juice it is hard to give an exact measure of how much you should add. Pick up an Acid test kit, they are around $6-$8 and well worth it. I recently picked one up and used it for my last batch, but it was very hard to read. Hopefully you will have better luck. I was going to wing it like my first few batches but I realized that for the $8 it was not worth the year of waiting to see if I got lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Brewster
                Kodiak, adding the correct Acid is important. Unless you find a recipe for the exact kind of juice it is hard to give an exact measure of how much you should add. Pick up an Acid test kit, they are around $6-$8 and well worth it. I recently picked one up and used it for my last batch, but it was very hard to read. Hopefully you will have better luck. I was going to wing it like my first few batches but I realized that for the $8 it was not worth the year of waiting to see if I got lucky.
                You can check your acid levels and get much more accurate readings if you have a Ph meter, just titrate until the Ph reaches 8.2........much easier than trying to spot colour changes.

regards
                Bob
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Yes, Bob I tried the litmus paper for acid it's almost impossible to read.Bob I can't find a vacuvin pump anywhere , any ideas?

Thanks Charlie

Comment

I meant check it with a digital Ph meter , the litmus paper is next to useless I find.

Vacuvin?
                    try http://www.stompthemgrapes.com
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

hmmmmmmm

when I type vacuvin, vac u vin or any combination into the search engines on US homebrew sites, it comes up with nothing.

any ideas from you guys over the pond?

regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Is it Vacu-Vin?
                        REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

I have never seen it anywhere over here.Vacuvin?Where did you get yours Bob?I have wine seven months old in carboys ,that is'nt close to being de gassed, how long should it take?

Thanks Kodiak
                          Last edited by Kodiak; 11-04-2006, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Kodiak, the cooler storage area the slower the wine will degas. Bring the temp up slowly 5 degrees F and it will probably all come out of solution easily.
                            REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak
                              I have never seen it anywhere over here.Vacuvin?Where did you get yours Bob?Thanks Kodiak
                              I got mine from my local home brew store, I know they are available there just can't seem to locate one online, however they dont show up online here either but the stores have them.....maybe a call to local home brew store?

regards
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                              X