Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right then all, just ordered one of these!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right then all, just ordered one of these!

Whats the S.P on using a steam juicer then? (meant to ask Bob last weeekend but got kind of sidetracked ) Load up the fruit into the basket and the juice then falls into the bottom container/out of the silicone pipe? Have looked at some of the threads on here, but most cover amounts etc, not method (although i may have been daft and missed the pertinent threads!)

Ta!

Dave
    "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

You've almost got it - load up the top, juice falls into centre container, then down the pipe. Release the clip on the pipe to let the juice (which is at the temperature of the sun) flow into the container of your choice.

Last night I was running steamed elderberry juice into a pyrex jug, which was then cooled in a water bath, then the contents were transferred to sanitised plastic supermarket milk bottles for freezing (leave some headspace for expansion).
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
      You've almost got it - load up the top, juice falls into centre container, then down the pipe. Release the clip on the pipe to let the juice (which is at the temperature of the sun) flow into the container of your choice.

Last night I was running steamed elderberry juice into a pyrex jug, which was then cooled in a water bath, then the contents were transferred to sanitised plastic supermarket milk bottles for freezing (leave some headspace for expansion).
      Cheers Pete!

Dave.
      "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

If doing more than one batch, don't forget to keep topping up the water in the bottom pan.

I weigh the fruit in plus both the pulp and steamed juice out so I know just what % pure juice the liquid produced is.
        My Brewlist@Jan2011

Comment

Working...
        X