Carbouy Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbouy Cap

I saw this photo in one of Lockwoods tutorial articles, does anyone know where I can get some of the red caps like that one on the top of the carbouy?

Could be good for my 15litre PET's if it fits, I am currently using cork bungs and cant get a proper seal.

Thanks in anticipation
    Attached Files

Originally posted by rugbywino View Post
    I saw this photo in one of Lockwoods tutorial articles, does anyone know where I can get some of the red caps like that one on the top of the carbouy?

Could be good for my 15litre PET's if it fits, I am currently using cork bungs and cant get a proper seal.

Thanks in anticipation
    Welcome to the forums rugbywino.....

Try this link it shows them without the little white covers but there's a phone no to ring them to confirm that the carboy caps normally come with them included.....

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

hop & grape sell them, think there around £4 each and come with the caps

Comment

Do you need this cap (for use this vacuum pump) or do you just need to seal carboys properly?
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Just need to seal the carbouy CR, its measures approx 45mm internal (from memory) but as its a ex mineral water container it has a narrow rib internally to seal against, hence it doesn't seem to seal with the cork bungs I bought.

I have tried cling film around cork bung but that dont work either, any ideas appreciated.

Comment

I had a lot of success with two layers of cling film and small square of brand new jey cloth on top - (slightly bigger than clingy). Secured with the finest smear of food safe grease - vaseline would do - and an elastic band.

The purpose of the jey cloth is as an indicator - any transgressions will strain it immediately and you know at a glance that attention is req'd
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
            X