Fruit Smoothie Wine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit Smoothie Wine?

Anyone try a wine from this brand (type) of juice. Was in a shop today and it was on sale, they say it's made from nothing but 100% juice, various percentages.

They have different flavours. Thought it might be interesting but not sure what other chemicals I may have to add (if at all) to balance it all out. Thought best I check with you's here first in the event someone made a nice one from it.
    Keep on Truckin

Originally posted by Former Canuk View Post
    they say it's made from nothing but 100% juice, various percentages.
    Is it actually juice or 'Pulp' (otherwise it wouldn't be a smoothie would it?) consisting substantially of solids that will rise up, become inflated with CO2 and want to spray out of your airlock - unless started in a primary first?
    Last edited by David; 31-01-2011, 09:49 PM.
    My Brewlist@Jan2011

Comment

Well, guess bit of both, pulveriszed fruit. It was the "Innocent" fruit smoothie I was sussing out. Point taken on on the big foaming though. I was thinking of starting it about the same as a WN1, leave some room for foaming.
      Keep on Truckin

Comment

I wouldnt start it in a DJ...as David says you run the risk of the pulp contained rising to the top and bunging your airlock up and creating pressure.

I would either start it in a bucket, and rack to DJ after initial vigorous ferment has dies down....

or...

Add the smoothie juice later in the ferment (around 1.010) which "should" retain more of the fruit flavour.

Either way, use pectolase

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Ok thanks for advice, will do
          Keep on Truckin

Comment

Working...
          X