Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From where do you clever winemaking people buy your yeast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From where do you clever winemaking people buy your yeast?

Hi,
    I'm looking soon to start Mr Lockwood's wine number 3 soon and am going to use a good quality yeast this time rather than the cheap Youngs yeast I used to start off my wine number 1.

I dont have a local home brew shop to visit, so am looking to buy online.
    Are there any particular websites that you guys use to purchase yours and would recommend?

I'm also looking for a straining bag big enough to fit over a standard 2 gallon fermentation bucket. The same question relating from where to buy applies please, but also is there a particular type you advise I should buy that will strain the kiwi fruit well? I've seen you can buy nylon ones or other types, so any advice greatly appreciated.
    Simon
    Last edited by Clank007; 08-03-2011, 09:52 PM.

All my yeast comes from Duffbeer's shop or Leominster Homebrew.

A Large Coarse nylon straining bag should work for you - plenty big enough for a 2 gal fermentation bucket.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Duffbeers shop for me too
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Karl's place - see duffbeer's site.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I'm not one of the clever wine making people. But I use Duffy to
          Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
          Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
          -Police Squad

Comment

I tend to use companies local to me, sorry Duffbeer.

You could try http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/ They are in Aldershot.

Rob

Comment

The last lot of yeast I got that wasn't a freebie..... I think I got them here!

Yes, mail order, but they keep a lot wider range than just lalvins usual suspects.

I suspect that some of them are normally only available as commercial sized packs and hence they're repackaging them. Don't know for certain......

regards

jtfb
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I buy most of my yeast locally here, though I also order from MoreWine in California if my local place is out of something I want.
                Steve

Comment

I get most of mine off ebay from the states , batch of 10 sachets cost £7.23 delivered, obviously 72p a go . never had any trouble
                  eg

Comment

Hi,
                    I just went to the link posted in this thread for Duffbeer's shop and got the following alert:
                    Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
                    www.hobbywinesupplies.co.uk contains content from sa1o.co.cc, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
                    Google has found that malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed. Why not try again tomorrow or go somewhere else?
                    We have already notified sa1o.co.cc that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on sa1o.co.cc, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

Is that occurring for anyone else?
                    Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Clank007 View Post
                      Hi,
                      I just went to the link posted in this thread for Duffbeer's shop and got the following alert:
                      Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
                      www.hobbywinesupplies.co.uk contains content from sa1o.co.cc, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
                      Google has found that malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed. Why not try again tomorrow or go somewhere else?
                      We have already notified sa1o.co.cc that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on sa1o.co.cc, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

Is that occurring for anyone else?
                      Simon
                      Yes, I just got something very similar when I tried to post a link to his website.
                      I have just PM'd Karl to let him know
                      I am sure it will all be clear soon
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Think Karl has been plagued with a dodgy hosting company. It's usually fixed fairly quick.

I'm sure he won't mind me posting his phone number though for the shop 01977599885 or 07505000307 pretty sure he's open from 10am.

If he does mind, I'm sure he'll delete them!

Comment

Cheers all for letting me know, trying to get things sorted asap.
                          Discount Home Brew Supplies
                          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                          National Wine Judge
                          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                          X