Concentrated Grape Juice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concentrated Grape Juice

A question for you guys in the U.K. I will soon be coming into 6 gallons of Cabernet concentrate with a 66 Brix. Since it is being imported from Italy I had the idea that maybe some may have experience with concentrates. What approximate mix of concentrate and water to giving a starting s.g. of around 1085?

Mike

Sounds nice that Wiz!

About 50 litres by the looks of it, 66brix s approx 1.317 SG according to my calculator.

This page will help.

Comment

For a £10 you could get a refractometer from ebay, so that you can test it.

I say this because I prefer to 'prove it' after I have done the maths. Get one that reads brix/alc levl on the same scale - you may never pick up a hydrometer again (and then don't rush like lemmings off the edge of the table)

Good choice 1085 - you want some nice easy drinking splosh aim for 18 brix. Don't try to make a BIG red from italian concentrate alone.

K1v-1116 might be a good choice for yeast.
      Attached Files
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Either that, or when it arrives, you can either test with a small quantity and a hydrometer, adding X amount of water and then extrapolate it out or just mix it in a bucket, adding water until the hydrometer is sitting on you desired gravity number.........

regards

jtfb
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Thanks to all. I am just looking for a starting point and that FermCalc gives it to me.

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X