rhubarb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhubarb

I only use rhubarb till about half way through the season for making wine.
    I heard it said that you can use older rhubarb for making wine if you cook it for a while which helps to break it down.

I have never tried it what do you think

I used a freeze and thaw method for apples last year and was mucho impressed. The object here also was to breakdown the cells to allow the juice to flow more easily. Boiling is efectiveley only braking down the cells.

I seem to recall there was a video on it somewhere on the subject ..... is there an admin in house?
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I was certain there was a link on this site but cannot find it, howeverhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jlRi...eature=related should do the trick
      Okay, now I get it. The difference between drinkable and ready....

Comment

Hi there,

There was indeed an Admin in the house....but he was asleep from a hard day at the allotment

all the videos can be found at www.youtube.com/winesathome

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

The freeze/thaw method is a fab way of extracting juice from rhubarb. A wine number 1 based rhubarb & ginger is a pretty decent drop
          National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Working...
          X