Governments wine cellar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governments wine cellar

The government opened the doors of its wine cellar for a rare tour. What lies on the dusty shelves?

The cheapest way of keeping the government drunk!

Give the barstuds antifreeze.

So, maybe that is a bit harsh, and I do see the value of having some 'good stuff' to give to heads of state during visits. I'm just jealous
    Last edited by koomber; 15-05-2011, 12:49 AM. Reason: Original was a bit harsh
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

Comment

Originally posted by koomber View Post
      Give the barstuds antifreeze.

So, maybe that is a bit harsh, and I do see the value of having some 'good stuff' to give to heads of state during visits. I'm just jealous
      Imagine having 39,000 bottles! and some stuff from the 1800's that must of taken some will power

Comment

Originally posted by billybuntus View Post
        Imagine having 39,000 bottles! and some stuff from the 1800's that must of taken some will power
        That's something I don't understand. Some of the wine in there must surely be awful on account of it's age. Really they look on it as an investment because other rich twonks with too much money won't to buy a bottle just so they can have it. As a wine, it is worthless. No one will drink it, hell it probably won't even be opened, and even if it was it would be heavily oxidized, and no reflection of what the wine was like in it's prime.
        Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
        Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
        -Police Squad

Comment

I think I have yet to taste an oxidised wine of my own making. Current record for aging is 14 months and that is because the stuff (an apple and elderberry) is still undrinkable owing to me putting too much tannin in it).

Anything halfway palatable is normally gone in a couple of months.

http://markblades.com
          Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
          These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

Working...
          X