Goldseals Elderberry Port recipe - Second run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldseals Elderberry Port recipe - Second run

I finally got round to using the last of the berries in the freezer from last year (the wife is pleased!) to have a go at this Port recipe.

As far as fruit goes it's 4.5 lbs of elderberries and half a pound of bananas and I've just racked into a dj.

I think the banana's will be well and trully blasted, but it seems a waste to toss the elderberry's.

Can anyone suggest a recipe for a second run on them?

Was thinking a coupe of litres of RGJ and sugar to about 1.070 to keep it lightish, along with nutirent and a pinch of acid of course.

Any suggestions?

The fruit is in the straining bag at the moment in another bucket, so I wouldn't want to leave it for much longer than a day before starting again

A thought - Lidl's do a Sour Cherry Nectar which works really well in light reds. It's a fruit juice but with a really high fruit concentration. Try 1 litre in a gallon of must, along with some red grape concentrate rather than juice.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Sounds good Goldseal...I'll nip to Lidle later this afternoon and give it ago.

You think that would be an early drinker? 6-9 months? Any second run bramble and elder have always been that kind of time scale

Comment

Turns out the two Lidl's in my area don't do that cherry juice.
        So I went with a litre of red grape juice, tin of concentrate and a jar of cherry's in syrup.

It's off again like a rocket!

I'll see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
        X