Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty wine!!

Hello

I have been looking at some of your pics, and am very impressed. I would like to make a wine with a nice peach colour. Is peach wine my only choice, or does anyone have any ideas what else would make a peach coloured wine.....as well as apricots, I suppose

cj

hi caroline and welcome.

my first beautiful wine was banana. it turned out good. another beautiful wine i made in the last year was lemon. it turned out very bad. i've seen some wines go from beauty to gross and others do the ugly duckling thing.

peach is a good choice. if you start now it will be ready for summer picnics next year. make a giant batch. it will turn out great and you'll want to share it with others and the next thing you know you'll be needing more.

folks here will steer you right. me, i just post what i am doing until someone chimes in, or i ask questions. it works. i've followed a few recipes here and they have turned out great.

john

Comment

Don't forget nectarines!

I made peach last year and it looks....well.....peachy

The prettiest wine i've made so far has to be Kiwi fruit. (ive been really good and havent tasted it for ages, may take some to the US with me for the winepress comp in August.)

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Hello

thanks for the advice! Will I get the same result from tin peaches?

Kiwi fruit, now there's a thought. Definately think I 'll give that a try!

cj

Comment

I have used canned peaches. My new canned recipe includes 1 large can peaches in light syrup and 1 can white grape concentrate per gallon of finished wine desired. I would rather use homegrown peaches. I have a 5 gallon batch going now from locally grown peaches. I do not use the grape concentrate with the homegrown, more ripe, fuller bodied peaches.
          REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

before summer is out my goal is to get ripe and juicy peaches for a five gallon batch, which is pretty hard to around these parts. but not impossible!

Comment

I will keep an eye out for some fresh peaches . Sometimes, I go to Asda late in the day and they are reducing the fruit to silly prices, so I'll check there.

Any chance of you giving me your tinned peach wine recipe , Hippie

thanks

cj

Comment

Originally posted by carolinej

Any chance of you giving me your tinned peach wine recipe , Hippie

thanks

cj
                Better still post it in the recipe section

Comment

I will look in my recipe book at home. Been a long weekend of 12 hour nights.
                  REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Originally posted by carolinej
                    Hello

I have been looking at some of your pics, and am very impressed. I would like to make a wine with a nice peach colour. Is peach wine my only choice, or does anyone have any ideas what else would make a peach coloured wine.....as well as apricots, I suppose

cj
                    If you're just looking for peach color then maybe you should consider fresh fig wine. The color is the color of a freshly cut open fig, sort of a pink blush and the wine is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                    X