• a recipe. need some advice and comments interesting one indeed

cjj berry recipe

1 pint fruit Juice (any)
    Dried light malt 250g !!!!! in wine??
    500g sugar
    1 gallon water
    Yeast
    nutrient

This is a wierd one can anyone advise on this one? It is supposed to be for Instant wine recipe, well thats the tilte but it fermants for about 10 - 14 days or thereabouts then botled for a week !!!!
    I cant see how this would work really or even clear?? any comments would be greaaaaat
    thanks
    Lisa

I can't really comment on the recipe, although I have seen wine recipes which use malt.

If you want a quick wine, Wine No.1 is a tried-and-trusted favourite:
    Beginners thread, build your skills over a series of wines, a step by step guide, to better winemaking

- not only do you get the recipe, but you get a step-by-step guide to making it, which should help you improve your techniques.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

I hope you don't mind, but I deleted the prevoius thread, which you created about a minute before this one - it was a near-duplicate
      Pete the Instructor

Comment

woops thanks for that i tried to edit the title because it was quite garbled !!!!!

Comment

I can also reccomend the wine #1. I did mine with the apple and elderflower juice available from ASDA I think. It has quite suprised me how good it is and I have the feeling even 5 gallons of it may not last long. Made it while ASDA were doing one of those 3 for 2 offers so it worked out at mere pence per bottle. Bargain if you ask me.

Comment

I really wouldn't use malt in a wine...it will add nothing that I would desire, save the malt for beer.

CJJ Berrys book is great in terms of methodology, but the recipes leave a lot to be desired.

I updated many of them here

N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Wine No1

here
              Beginners thread, build your skills over a series of wines, a step by step guide, to better winemaking

follow the recipe and methodology to the letter and you will be drinking rather nice white wine in around 38 days time.

OR...

Try Wurzels orange wine
              here

I linked to the other forum as thats where the recipe is listed.
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I too can recommend the wine #1, in fact the making the whole series #1 to #4 will build skills and give you a range of wines to stick in the cellar.

Comment

Thanks very much everyone cant wait to get started!! I thought the malt thing sounded a bit od indeed i will have a go.
                  your all so very helpfull MWA

Comment

Ok Ive searched for recipe #1-4 got the #1 thanks, where do i find the others please (hope this isnt a stupid question)

Comment

They're all together in the same area:

Pete the Instructor

Comment

Doh! Senior moment
                        Last edited by Original Mac; 03-08-2011, 07:33 PM. Reason: did not spot page two and Goldseal's reply
                        Okay, now I get it. The difference between drinkable and ready....

Comment

Working...
                        X