No announcement yet.

HELP Mango Wine is this a mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not an expensive yeast,youngs yeast and nutrient. i was tempted to make a restart yeast mixture but now realise not to tamper. i believe the juice i added will add extra flavour and even a bit of sweeten so i have decided to leave be for another week rack test sg then decide what to do!
    I am just shocked its eaten all the sugar in just 1 week!!!
    mind you i did do the yeast differently with this time i preactivated the yeast with warm water and tsp sugar and left it for 10 mins ( like i do with my bread)
    It fermented likea realin then settled lovely
    I wil llet you knou what happens
    thanks for your helpwith this one xxxx
    any experience of this happening with anyone please comment
    xxx

Comment

Kirk is right - sometimes racking can cause a pause in fermentation. There will always be some yeast still in suspension, so it should have kicked off again.

some wines take months to ferment, some take a matter of days, so go by your SG readings, not time.

It would also be worth checking your hydrometer's calibration: put it in some tap water at 20c, and it should read 1.000 (or very close). If you haven' got a thermometer, just take the water from the tap and let it stand indoors for a few hours.
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Hi chaps
        Thats what i did first washed the hydrometer and tested it inwater its ok.
        The wine has settled nicely again sediment to the bottom an bubbling nicely again yey!!
        im gonna leave it for a week then rack and test it again
        Should change the name to speedy wine recipe!!
        thanks chapsfor all your help

xx

Comment

Working...
        X