Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idea goooood or baaaad????

Ok here it is.
    Ive got my DJ's 3 of them in my living room!! much to my hubs delight !!
    ANyway question is our walls are white and i can hardly see the bubbles through the air lock.
    my ide is to add a tiny bit of food colouring to the water in air lock so i can see better. I have to be careful for none of the liquid to enter the wine but surely we do that anyway??

any comments please

wee i did it and it bluddy works well

Comment

Well, because there are times when you can get a little suck back, the "rule of thumb" is don't put anything in the airlock that you're not happy to have in the wine.

While most will just use water, some will use vodka. If you're concerned you can use sulphite solution instead of water.
      Last edited by fatbloke; 11-09-2011, 08:17 AM.
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Not many replies last night Lisa..a lot of the usual suspects to gove advice were all at my place for grapefest, and were ........hammered (watch for pics and videos)

Forum will be quite quiet till everyone gets home today
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

sounds like you had a great time. If id hav been any nearer id hav popped in me self xx

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
            Not many replies last night Lisa..a lot of the usual suspects to gove advice were all at my place for grapefest, and were ........hammered (watch for pics and videos)

Forum will be quite quiet till everyone gets home today
            Sounds like someone still has a hangover
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Guilty as charged

and a sore throat from all that quacking
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
              X