Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good, the Bad and the Damsons...

Had a day of mixed fortunes recently.

Me and the Missus were going fruit picking last Saturday - heading for a South Devon country little lane we'd spotted during a walk.

First, however, the Missus wanted to donate some clothes to a charity shop. Well, I volunteered to do that since it meant that I could check for demijohns for sale at the same time.

Well... the charity shop assistant sais, 'Oh, you are unlucky, we had loads the other day and someone bought them all'.

That is unlucky since I regularly check in there! C'est la vie.

Anyway, on the way to the fruit picking, we passed the local scrap yard and I spotted several demijohns at the entrance. So I got six, at £1 each

But... what was better... was that he had a 25ltr glass fermemter lying around too.

So I got that for £10

So, that was the Good - the Bad was that the elderberries and brambles were mostly done in (overripe - gone - expired).

Then came the Damsons - lots and lots of beautiful small quite sweet damsons (on our previous walk we'd thought they were huge sloes but closer inspection revealed small damsons!).

So, now I have 2 kilos of then in the freezer - don't know whether to do wine or jam... the impression I get from reading around here is that damson / plum wines are a bit hit and miss / maybe not that great.
    Steven

Devon

How come my picture didn't appear as a little thumbnail in the corner - like in the tutorials?
    Steven

Devon

Comment

Because you uploaded it to a third party server....

the tutorial pictures are uploaded to WAH

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

no bad a mower for £10
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
          no bad a mower for £10

If only I could make wine from cut grass!
          Steven

Devon

Comment

Working...
          X