Sparkly Wine 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparkly Wine 1

The missus announced last night that Christmas dinner is being hosted at our house this year. So I thought I best make some sparkly!

I have around 5 gallons of wine 1 which is under ferment and 30 ish champers bottles.

First question, any recommendations on priming with tasty syrups etc? instead of 1/2 tsp sugar

Also, the bottles are decent champagne bottles and will be plastic stoppered and wired. Would you be worried about storing 30 together? they will be in the cellar along with many gallons of my other wines.

Originally posted by billybuntus View Post
    The missus announced last night that Christmas dinner is being hosted at our house this year. So I thought I best make some sparkly!

I have around 5 gallons of wine 1 which is under ferment and 30 ish champers bottles.

First question, any recommendations on priming with tasty syrups etc? instead of 1/2 tsp sugar

Also, the bottles are decent champagne bottles and will be plastic stoppered and wired. Would you be worried about storing 30 together? they will be in the cellar along with many gallons of my other wines.
    Well I suppose it depends on what flavoured syrups you want to try. You could just use a decent grape concentrate from a cheap kit, or you could find a nice tasting red/black berry of some sort and steam juice it yourself, then just add enough sugar to make it a syrup, etc etc Or you could go the whole hog (not one of Brians ) and get a corny keg and force carbonate...

Just my thoughts/tuppence worth....

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
    X