MLF gas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLF gas?

Should MLF produce much gas? Does it fizz?
    I have a enormous amount of activity in all of this years wine, but very little airlock activity. Books on the subject don't cover this.

Any thoughts anyone ?

PS its not a leak and no cheese.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Occasionally MLF produces a lot of gas. It also tends to assist in releasing trapped CO2 from the wine.

In most cases, all you see is an active ring of tiny bubbles in the neck of the carboy. Or if done in a barrel, you can sometimes hear a crackling sound if you put your ear up to the bunghole.
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
      Occasionally MLF produces a lot of gas. It also tends to assist in releasing trapped CO2 from the wine.

In most cases, all you see is an active ring of tiny bubbles in the neck of the carboy. Or if done in a barrel, you can sometimes hear a crackling sound if you put your ear up to the bunghole.
      I have a stainless floaty lid thing. I can hear loads of activity for no gas ? beeeezaaare!
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
      X