Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Clear

Hi

Can anuyone tell me if 'Kwick Clear' imparts any flavour to wine.

I have just finished a supermarket juice wine of my own and it tastes slightly 'off toast' maybe a little woody. Just like some wine kits do.

Maybe it's the yeast maybe 'Kwick clear'

Have started a wine number 1 by the way exactly as it says on the tin. With Lalvin K1-V1116.

So we shall see

Malcolm
    Malc

Originally posted by malcmackenzie View Post
    Hi

I have just finished a supermarket juice wine of my own and it tastes slightly 'off toast' maybe a little woody. Just like some wine kits do.

Maybe it's the yeast maybe 'Kwick clear'

Have started a wine number 1 by the way exactly as it says on the tin. With Lalvin K1-V1116.

So we shall see

Malcolm
    Well it's not added anything that I've managed to taste, or notice, just doing it's job as per the pack.......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by malcmackenzie View Post
      Just the opposite. If anything, Kwik Clear helps eliminate non-wine particles that can affect flavor.
      Steve

Comment

Thread moved to here
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

IMO all finings or filterings tend to reduce flavours
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Then I think it may be the yeast.

Have just started usin K1-V1116 since you all introduced me to it.

I have some garpe wine and a wine number 2 on the go with it and I maust say that both are charging along very well and smell good already and dont seem effected so much by tempreture change.

Thanks all
            Malc
            Malc

Comment

A little off topic, but Kwik Clear related. I have a damson wine I started in August, racked it twice and added Kwik Clear, it doesn't seem to have cleared but it has added sediment. The sediment was a thin, firm looking coating at the bottle of the demi jon, but a few days after the kwick clear, there was more of it and it appeared lighter and fluffier. Is this normal? Will it cost me more wine when I rack off it?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon View Post

A little off topic, but Kwik Clear related. I have a damson wine I started in August, racked it twice and added Kwik Clear, it doesn't seem to have cleared but it has added sediment. The sediment was a thin, firm looking coating at the bottle of the demi jon, but a few days after the kwick clear, there was more of it and it appeared lighter and fluffier. Is this normal? Will it cost me more wine when I rack off it?
                Could it be pectin haze. Chuck some pectolase in there.

How much wine is lost during racking will depend on how much the sediment is desturbed before/during. I know some people on here will either not move DJ's or will move them the night before a racking to prevent desturbing it. In my experience moving doesn't too much (but then I'm looking for a mostly beer point of view where the sediment is usually bullet proof) but what does cause all sorts of problems is when you tilt the DJ to get the last bit out. If you do this, take care not to jostle the DJ or you'll end up upsetting the sediment badly.
                Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                -Police Squad

Comment

I was just a little concerned, and perturbed, by the fact that the sediment did not turn up until after the Kwik Clear went in, in fact it doesn't even look like sediment, its a lot fluffier, and so more likely to ger sucked in on racking. Would finings expose pectin haze? Like a News of The World reporter going through your phone? I did try glaring at it to make it feel unwanted so it would go away, the new sediment/cloud/fluff, not the News of The World Reporter.

Comment

Working...
                  X