Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine Bottles, Clear or Green, Corked type.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Bottles, Clear or Green, Corked type.

Advice on how to acquire wine bottles ( used ). In the past I've stocked up over xmas when the bottle banks overflow, but this year
    they did not overflow, due to them being emptied on time, Any Ideas,I live in Newark Notts area.

Freecycle has yeilded me a couple.

Also note that the square recycling bins have lock that your electricity meter key will open, no need to wait for overflow!

Comment

I got a lot of good bottles from a local Chinese that I frequented a bit too much when we were down in Yorkshire, but hotels and restaurants are a good place to ask. But, if you ask people to save bottles they save them all and you end up doing the sorting. I now take all bottles from anyone and just recycle the screw tops or ones that the labels don't come off easily.

Comment

Talk to you local / pub restaurant they are normally only to happy to help - the occasional filled bottle keeps that sort of deal alive.

Why wait till the bottle bank overflow. Dive Dive Dive!! The RIGHT litter picking tool works a treat, with the easiest of mods!
        The end must be the same shape as these!

Wrap some rubber bands around the ends to make it more grippy.

Note of caution: Drag bottle about inside ONLY lift the bottle by neck vertically when directly under the whole.
        A bordeux bottle weighs 500g lift horizontally will bend the arm

A practiced hand can yield lots of bottle quite quickly - I keep mine in the car!

Happy fishing
        Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 05-02-2012, 10:04 AM.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Thanks for your Idea's, I do find that the bulk of bottle's at bottle bank's are screw top's so finding suitable bottle's is much
          more difficult than it used to be, I have no faith in the screw top type's although making use of screw top bottle's may
          become the only option, Doe's anyone out there use them? If so what's the best way to ensure a seal?
          Thank's again.

Comment

It is possible to seal them with NORMACORK - a synthetic cork, because these exert a lot less pressure on the bottle neck. Ideal because the neck is not so robust on a screw cap.

Plastic tops cork stoppers work too, but are only really short term. < 6 months. (Karl does these !)
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

just ask my wife she gets throug loads evry xxxxxxxx week

Comment

Working...
              X