Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor corker

Hi all,

can anyone recommend a good floor corker? and where to buy?

thanks

Don't knock until you've tried it, you never know you might like it............

Sasquatch

Yeah..

I bought one of these http://www.brouwland.com/shop/produc...=865&dt=24&l=2. WITH crowncork-adaptor fr 020.016.2, 26+29mm.

Not the cheapest corker you will buy. But ..

- It runs synthetic corks properly (no curling or veining)
    - It runs real corks of all types.
    - It caps beer bottles (this bit is brill)
    - It caps champagne bottles too (with a larger crown cap)

I spent a lot of time trying to get floor corking right with synthetics. There are some very detailed threads on this....
    Also important is the size. There were some cheapos on ebay, but when measured, they were very very small -backbreaking in operations.
    Made by ferrari. So you get to tell your friends you have a Ferrari in the garage
    Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 12-02-2012, 09:20 AM.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

This is the one I have, and can heartilly recomend it (it is the ferrari)

Not sure how much the shipping would be on it

give Karl at hobby homebre a ring

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I moved the thread to here
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thanks for that cellar rat. I see what you mean about price, and especially when you add on the p&p. Will wait and see if there are any other recommendations. There is another Ferrari http://www.hobbywinesupplies.co.uk/p...roducts_id=103
          a lot cheaper but obviously only does the corks....hmmm

Sasquatch

Comment

Thanks for that Lockwood, I just found the link in one of the threads. I will give them a call when back in the good old UK tomorrow.

Sasquatch

Comment

I have the ferrari too, also from Hobbywine. It's performed really well for me so far.

Comment

I looks to me to be the same one. Does it have two lugs either side of where the cork goes in?
                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I bought one of the ferrari corkers from hobby wine supplies last year.
                  After 800 bottles of wine it was still going strong, propper job every time.
                  I'll be using it again this year . . . 1200 bottles of our 2011 vintages.

Comment

You might find Karls are the same one. The capper fits on these to lugs.

close up corker.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X