No announcement yet.

Self sufficent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time and space are the two biggest issues - Time to store (and not prematurely drink), and space to age.

Not sure if I am aiming to become self sufficient - I think I have set out on this pathway to develop an interest in this fascinating hobby. Producing bottles of great tasting beverages is merely a by product of the long and winding pathway.

Not saying I wouldn't want to become self sufficient in the future, but at the moment I enjoy a variety i could not possibly produce.

Comment

I have a 7x5 shed with 40 gallons in and about 20 pints of beer left. Space for maturation is the biggest problem - but i still do drink a lot of bought wines as well.

Its nice to mix and match from the bought stuff to the home made stuff - its a hobby after all!

A day without wine is a day without sunshine!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
        Not sure if I am aiming to become self sufficient - I think I have set out on this pathway to develop an interest in this fascinating hobby. Producing bottles of great tasting beverages is merely a by product of the long and winding pathway.
        I think that is a very good point. I found myself almost not drinking my wines to age them, but that wasn't why I started, it was to try new drinks I have made myself, and save some money. We were spending quite a lot on wine, now, I must have bought only about five bottles of shop wine in the last eight months. Still haven't got a wine past four months yet, but improvements in my techniques mean I now love and enthuse over my young wines, if they survive into adolescence, all the better. Its definately about the journey for me. And getting very very drunk. Where's that glass gone?
        Last edited by Leon; 02-04-2012, 06:41 PM. Reason: Drinking while posting

Comment

Working...
        X