Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas pudding wine

Hi Lockwood

I made your Christmas pudding wine, and I won first prize at a local show, plus we had a taste and tell where the drinker at to say what was in the wine.

By the way my wine turn out red dessert, I used a large Tesco pudding

They all liked it but no body guessed, one comment were “Oh my god”

I am now looking for a white wine for next year for taste and tell.

Any ideas

I wish i could take credit for the christmas pudding wine, but it was a recipe by Vera Durkin, a well respected Yorkshire Judge

RichD's lychee would be a good one for that i think...

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thanks I will have a look at it.

Thought about Sweet potato wine sound OK as well

Comment

Looked it 2 supermarkets and could not find any lychee, and only one had sweet potato.

I have 2 recipes so I will see how it goes, but I will keep my eye open for lychee

Thanks a lot

Comment

Have you a Chinese supermarket near you? A few show up in Google for Leicester. They are usually a great place to find big tins of lychees. You want them de stoned and skinless

Comment

I have sampled some white lychee wine, and I have to say it was very very good. That I feel is recommendation indeed, because I can't stand white wine generally.
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Old un View Post
              Looked it 2 supermarkets and could not find any lychee, and only one had sweet potato.

I have 2 recipes so I will see how it goes, but I will keep my eye open for lychee

Thanks a lot
              Try Lidle's they have an offer on Lychee at the moment about 60p for a big tin
              Malc

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                I have sampled some white lychee wine, and I have to say it was very very good. That I feel is recommendation indeed, because I can't stand white wine generally.
                Finaly you have something positive to say about white wine . I do hope that it was one of the bottles I gave to you at GF2011.

Comment

Try Lidle's they have an offer on Lychee at the moment about 60p for a big tin
                  Malc

Tried Tesco and Lidle no Lychee in our Lidl

Comment

Damn! that reminds me, I've still got my crimbo pud stash, bought specifically for this recipe. I must get my finger out and get it weaving.......
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                    X