Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sulphite solution

Hi
    I am making blackcurrant wine(berries defrosting) I was wanting to make a sulphite solution to kill of the natural yeast, could anyone advise as to how many tsps/tbs per pint of water.
    Thanks in advance
    Dave

As you can see from the tutorial, it is better to weigh out the sulphite.....

Beginners thread, build your skills over a series of wines, a step by step guide, to better winemaking

however, if you arent too bothered about accuracy then a level tsp is around 5 grams, so add that to 50ml water and you are close.....

regards
    bob
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 21-03-2012, 08:40 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thanks Bob the only have an old set of scales with old imperial weights, wasn't to sure of the conversion.
      Dave

Comment

ooops

edited to say 50 ml
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by daft eddy View Post
          Thanks Bob the only have an old set of scales with old imperial weights, wasn't to sure of the conversion.
          Dave
          1.6 ounces of sulphite in 1lb of water
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I think a teaspoon of water is 5g, powder is a bit less, granulated sugar for example is 4g.
            Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
            Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

Originally posted by ToulouseLePlot View Post
              I think a teaspoon of water is 5g, powder is a bit less, granulated sugar for example is 4g.
              Is that an Imperial teaspoon, a US teaspoon, or one you found in grannies drawers?
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
              X