Non contact thermometers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non contact thermometers

Has anyone tried an Infra Red non contact thermometer? I wondered if they worked ok against liquids?
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Have you had a bonus paid or come into some money recently Brian?

New boilers, fancy test kits, laser thermometers...! I won't even buy a new demi john these days without a solid business case...

Comment

The truth is I have already started planning this year's grapefest fermentations.

"business case" you're closer to the truth the new realise. The fancy test kit and the thermometer (I am hoping) is for the frozen grapes supply, to ensure that the TA and the SO2 additions (by me) are within the correct limits. It might also enable me to test before committing to purchasing.

... all this and yesterday I bottled my cascade ale with recycled crown caps
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by cellar_rat View Post
        ... All this and yesterday i bottled my cascade ale with recycled crown caps :d
        heathen!!!!
        "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

LMAO!! (repeat some)

Comment

Being serious for a moment - if you reuse your bottles every time, what the problem with reusing the Crown caps?

After all, if we buy port style corks (you know the ones with the plastic tops) for wine bottles, we use those more than once !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
              The truth is I have already started planning this year's grapefest fermentations.

"business case" you're closer to the truth the new realise. The fancy test kit and the thermometer (I am hoping) is for the frozen grapes supply, to ensure that the TA and the SO2 additions (by me) are within the correct limits. It might also enable me to test before committing to purchasing.

... all this and yesterday I bottled my cascade ale with recycled crown caps
              Mmmm yes I see where you are coming from. I was looking at sourcing pure elderberry concentrate a while back and now you mention it to do that right and be able to sell on it would have been sensible to think of such things. At the time I was just looking to split a batch across people on here but something else could have come from it...

If you ever consider branching out into fruit juices then the thread is on here somewhere... (Think of it as strategic planning rather than business case...!)

Comment

Being serious for a moment - if you reuse your bottles every time, what the problem with reusing the Crown caps?

After all, if we buy port style corks (you know the ones with the plastic tops) for wine bottles, we use those more than once !!
                you might!
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Bottles are easily sanitised....used corks arent

I dont like the idea of trusting the seal on my hard earned and worked upon beer to be suspect in any way, and I am fairly sure that using them more than once compromises that seal (but then maybe I am paranoid....wouldn't be the first time

lol

regards
                  Bob
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

OMG you don't reuse plastic topped corks!!!

Comment

I only use plastic topped corks for competitions, and you can get downpointed for dirty corks

regards
                      bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Not usually, but it was raining heavily and my box of goodies was out in the shed (and it was dark and cold)

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                        Bottles are easily sanitised....used corks arent
                        So, I popped a used (but still clean) plastic topped cork in the dishwasher (along with load of dishes) - and it fell apart

so, no I don't
                        Last edited by Big Dave; 11-04-2012, 12:32 PM. Reason: my spelling is attrotious

Comment

Working...
                        X