removing cork from inside bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing cork from inside bottle

Sorry if you already know this, but I was well chuffed with this trick from 'you tube'; I had made a batch of wine no:2 the other day, I use a conical flask to hydrate my yeast in and after pitching it, rinsed it out and left it inverted on the windowsill to dry out - also on there was a rubber bung. My wife (bless her) logically (?) considered that the bung belonged in the flask - hence the trapped bung.
    So, the trick; take a polythene bag and insert into bottle, flask, or what have you. Then blow into the bag and twist to seal in the air, now invert the bottle and remove the bag slowly and the cork/bung will come out - it works!!!!

I use a piece of string with a knot in the end. but same idea. Blowing in bags makes me nervous!
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
      Blowing in bags makes me nervous!
      lol

there is a link to a video of it somewhere on the site, will look tonight (dashing out to work now)
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Phew - I am glad somebody got that!
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
        X