narrow diameter bungs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• narrow diameter bungs

anyone know where I could obtain some smaller size or tapered and bored rubber bungs? I'm thinking of using a 2 litre demi=john (type) vessel that has an opening of about 12mm; had a quick look on e-bay but could not find anything to suit. Thanks

Try altecweb. They'll come straight up on google... lot's of really useful stuff on their site...

Comment

Originally posted by Delmonteman View Post
      Try altecweb. They'll come straight up on google... lot's of really useful stuff on their site...
      Or of course, there's always Brouwland - just that the delivery is likely to take a bit longer from Belgium.......
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Altec! Nice find thanks.

I bought these for beer bottles - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2609931506...84.m1439.l2649 but these are natural corks.

Brewland are good, delivery isn't too bad, but the prices are subject to the euro/gbp exchange rate.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Bungs made of high-quality food-grade silicone. Resistant to high temperatures and leave absolutely no odour or taste. Very useful for closing flasks, casks, tanks etc.
          • With a 9 mm hole
          • If you desire a hole with other dimensions, we can drill holes from 5 to 25 mm. Extra cost for drilling holes: see link below.
          These are the type i use for the 1/2 gal DJ's or anything non standard size, they arent cheap but will last a lifetime

regards
          bob
          Last edited by lockwood1956; 06-05-2012, 11:10 AM.
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thats just showing off, if you won't us where to get them from
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
              Thats just showing off, if you won't us where to get them from
              I suspect that I've already linked Bob's supplier.........
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

ooooo sorry yes

Brouwland is Europe's most specialized supplier for winemakers, brewers, liqueur makers and cheese makers.
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Bob; the smallest they seem to do here is 17mm - which is to big for what I have; 4 x Westons 2 litre cider flagons (about 12mm opening) on the Altec site they have some 10.5 - 14.5mm which I guess will do the job but are they easy to drill for an airlock?
                  thanks for all responses - much appreciated

Comment

Handy hint for drilling bungs (haven't tried it specifically on these, but should work) is pop them in the deep-freeze first. Much easier to drill when more solid.
                    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

whilst i'm procrastinating on the silicone bungs, i've had a go at modifying a champagne type cork by trimmiing it down with a craft knife and boring through with 8mm drill bit on very slow speed- anyone else tried this (does it work???)

Comment

I have some of these:

- you can then fit one of the red rubber airlock grommets into the top and fit an airlock.
                        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

these look great - I've got some black rubber airlock grommets from when I was using 2 litre PET cider bottles as temporary fermenting vessels (guess they are all the same?) so will use those.
                          many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                            I have some of these..

gooooood thinking dude

Comment

Working...
                            X