Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syrup

What can I do with a bucket of syrup !!
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Surely you could turn it into some form of alcohol!!!

a) wine numbers one two etc...
    b) add dried, tinned or frash fruit and ferment...
    c) ferment as is and use liqueur flavourings etc...?

What concentration is it?

Comment

Ha! I know that feeling Brian, I'm still deciding how to preserve the 5 litres of "banana syrup" I made from what was left from the case the other week.

I'll probably just sling some ascorbic acid in it, so it stays ok, until the nana meads have finished.

But sugar syrup would just get a pack of yeast and some nutrient, then just stabilise it and rack it onto whatever red or black fruit you can get your hands on cheap.... for a nice quaffable fruit batch.
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
        What can I do with a bucket of syrup !!
        What kind of syrup.... maple? If it were me, I would invite all the neighbors over for a pancake breakfast.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
          What kind of syrup.... maple? If it were me, I would invite all the neighbors over for a pancake breakfast.

Wow! Can I get an invite

Comment

Blimey they look good. I think it might become a neutral base wine.

If anyone is near me and would like some sugar (white granulated) I have some to share.
            Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 21-06-2012, 06:12 AM.
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
            X