Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KenRidge Chateau de Roi

KenRidge Chateau du Roi

Just got this one on the go....Anyone tried this before?

Sorry I have added this in the wrong area .....too much vino:
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 20-06-2012, 10:46 PM.

Don't knock until you've tried it, you never know you might like it............

Sasquatch

Thread moved

Posting under the influence?

no one has ever done that before ....well maybe once....
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 21-06-2012, 06:04 AM. Reason: Typos!....now who is under the influence?
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
      KenRidge Chateau du Roi
      Just got this one on the go....Anyone tried this before?
      Not the Kenridge one, but I made the California Connoisseur Vieux Chateau du Roi a while ago, and it's lovely. It's gone down well as tastings on my homebrew stall (with those that like a full-bodied red anyway). I will definitely do this one again.

Just out of interest, I was once told that there wasn't much difference between the Kenridge, Beaverdale and CC kits. Is this true?
      Brewing: Black Rock Cider, Milestone Olde Home Wrecker, port wines
      Conditioning: Oranje Bock Bier, about 30 demijohns of wine of various types
      Drinking: Steam Beer, Czech Pilsner, Dark Ale, lots of wine, Moonshine

Comment

Originally posted by Emeraldclaire View Post
        Not the Kenridge one, but I made the California Connoisseur Vieux Chateau du Roi a while ago, and it's lovely. It's gone down well as tastings on my homebrew stall (with those that like a full-bodied red anyway). I will definitely do this one again.

Just out of interest, I was once told that there wasn't much difference between the Kenridge, Beaverdale and CC kits. Is this true?
        Vieux Chateau du Roi, for those that don't know, is the kit maker's name for Chateau Neuf du Pape (or Chateauneuf du Pape, if you prefer).

I don't know about Beaverdale because that brand is not available in Canada. Also, over here, CC usually means Cellar Craft, but I'll assume that you mean California Connoisseur. Both Calif Conn and Ken Ridge brands are made by Vineco in St Catharines Ont Canada. The Calif Conn (7.5 l box) is the lesser of the brands, then Ken Ridge Classic (10 litre box), Ken Ridge Showcase (16 litre box), and Ken Ridge Founders Series (18 litres plus grape skins in the reds).

I'm a big fan of the Ken Ridge Classic Merlot, and the Ken Ridge Showcase. I keep saying that I'm going to make the KR Classic VCR but haven't. I also want to get around to trying the Founders Series.

Vineco International Products is one of Canada's leading and largest manufacturers of premium quality wine kits. Committed to providing exceptional products

Steve
        the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
        "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

Working...
        X