Wilko 6 bottle Wine Starter Kit Cab Sauv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilko 6 bottle Wine Starter Kit Cab Sauv

hi folks. i am new to wine makeing does any body know if i have to rack off Wilko 6 bottle Wine Starter Kit Cab Sauv it has no instructions about this procedure any advice please

Has it finished fermenting do you know?

Comment

there has been no bubbles in the airlock since 2 days,what next

Comment

Best to be sure it has finished by testing with a hyrdrometer and seeing if three consecutive daily readings are the same.

Then, if it was me, I'd rack to another vessel to degas, fine, stabilise (depending on what sachets you have been provided with the kit), allow to clear and then bottle.

Comment

hi delmonteman after i degas and leave to stabilise do i leave the airlock in place or use a solid bung in my demijohn and how do you degas p.s cheers for your help

Comment

HI Beddyx

If you head over to the tutorial section you will find a guide there, heres a link.

Mark.....

Comment

Originally posted by beddyx View Post
              hi delmonteman after i degas and leave to stabilise do i leave the airlock in place or use a solid bung in my demijohn and how do you degas p.s cheers for your help
              I wouldn't ever leave a solid bung in a glass demijohn. I would however use a safety cork. You can buy them from most HBS. You can also leave the airlock in place I think I would do this for a couple of months anyway just to make sure all activity has ceased. Ensure you top up the airlock from time to time with clean sulphite solution.
              Simon
              "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Working...
              X