good multipurpose scales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good multipurpose scales

it's not often that something really impresses you. But these 'ave.

I have a collection of scales, to get either bulk or accuracy. These are a very good all-rounder

Salter magic scales. ( I know that really is the name)
    5 kg max - which is most homebrew / bread ingredients. let's face it, unless you are weighing lead (or Gold) you will struggle to get more than that on top.
    1 g increments - accurate enough for most things
    good platform size
    bright display - for all you shed dwellers out there
    quick display – when you press the button it does what you want immediately. Quick to zero
    good auto off - it doesn't turn itself off the minute you take your eyes off it

......and they work well in a plastic bag - so you don't even have to wash them or worry about them getting wet

Sensible money at under 20 quid!! Amazon is not necessarily the cheapest, shop around.

If you have Tesco Clubcard points these are often in the double your points offers.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Ooo good spot Brian. I have an older Salter version and they have been brilliant. Tare function is so useful and allows you to raise wide objects for weighing by putting something underneath (so you can still see the numbers).
    Simon
    "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

I also have had the older model and have gone through 2 of these as they are not very water resistant. The latest one was splashed with water yesterday and now it's a silver brick. I see that you can use the above ones in a plastic bag. Order placed

mark

http://markblades.com
      Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
      These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

I had an old salter to model, moved up to them because they were just a decrepit.

Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
        Tare function is so useful and allows you to raise wide objects for weighing by putting something underneath (so you can still see the numbers).
        Doh! never thought of that.

.....on the subject of good tips. Weigh all your plastic vessels and write their weight on them. if you suddenly find you have something in it you need to weigh you can just weigh the whole thing and deduct the number on the bottom.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
        X