Munton's wine kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munton's wine kits?

Has anyone had any experience with the Munton range of wine kits? I am in the process of making a Beaverdale white wine kit but my wife is putting in an order from Lakeland's. They sell Munton kits in six and fifteen bottle kits. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

15 bottle kits are a peculiar size needing around a 12.5 l FV or their custom made jobby at around £35.

I was impressed by a sampler of the Barberra and will be doing it - as soon as I source a suitable polybucket.

6 bottle kits are relatively expensive (per bottle) and don't last long if they are good. OK to just try the kit, but the 30 bottle kits are easier, relatively, by far, cheaper and don't actually last that long when you realise the quality is better than the supermarket stuff.

I did one of their elderflower, and would do the large kit, if needed.

Beaverdale kits seem to be the 'middle-of-the-road' and I like them. I just prefer the cooler ferments rather than the super fast kits, I suppose - like it used to be historically.

I ran a Young's "drink-in-a-week" kit for someone and I don't reckon it will be drinkable for at least 6 months and likely not that special then.

Stick with what you like and know, and expand your horizons slowly is my advice.

Price needs to be competitive as well; not sure about Lakeland, always good stuff but also good prices (for them), too!

RAB

Comment

Thanks for your answer. Another question relative to the Munton kits. They require sugar to be added. Is normal sugar OK? or do I have to get 'special' brewers sugar?

Brian

Comment

Normal is just fine
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
        X