Sangria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sangria

There is alot of recipes on the internet of what ingredients to add to a red wine to make Sangria, but they don't tell you which is the best type of Red Wine to use as the base.

If anyone has had a go at making Sangria, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

Gary

Normally poor red which is only made drinkable by massive fruit overdose.
    Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 23-06-2013, 08:55 AM.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

The very first sangria recipe that I ever made said "inexpensive red wine". So that's what I've always used. Since I started making my own wine, I've tended to use merlot be cause we make a lot of that. The fruit flavours (etc) overpower the wine anyway.

Several years ago, I made a batch of red from a cheap discontinued kit. Planned to use it for sangria, and possibly mulled wine. Also was splitting it with a neighbour/friend. She loved it, and not much got made into sangria, and none into mulled wine.

Steve
      the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
      "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

3l of red grape juice, sugar to 1.080. Water to 4.5l. Then its just any old carton juices you fancy!

Comment

The reason I would like to make Sangria is because I want to involve my whole family with the end product of home wine making and my youngest daughter doesn't really drink alcohol, she not that keen on it.

She told me that Sangria was a nice drink, so i would like to make some for my youngest.

Some really good information, thanks Fellas.

Gary

Comment

Working...
          X