Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Rack

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good quality wine rack which will be strong enough to hold around 60 wine bottles?

Have been looking at these, but it's a shame they are in the US:

I'm just looking for something pretty solid without breaking the bank.

Thanks,

Dan
    Last edited by u01dtj6; 18-07-2013, 11:00 PM.

I used to use cot frame bases and sides but they took up too much floor. I then bought a 90 bottle rack from tesco online. Took a while to build but it is modular and easy to expand. Mine has the metal strips at the rear and diamond profile dowels. Cost about 50 quid I think. If you have a pillar drill then you can make avwine rack with some dowels and pine battens.

http://markblades.com
    Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
    These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

Tescos are selling the 90 bottle rack for £37 down from £50. Just ordered one myself, pick it up in store tomorrow.

Comment

It's more a question of:

1. what size/shape have you got for it to stand in
        2. how much do you want to build or just buy it.
        3. style of rest of house modern/country

I saw a fantastic example of somebody who 4 INCH plastic guttering and put it into 8 inch lengths and just stacked them between two cupboards - it looked tremendous and costing no more than six length of plastic pipe.

The other extreme is a fantastic thread on here somewhere somebody who built a diamond shape (like you see in a wine shop) but that meant more construction still putting the individual panels to slot together. Each diamond held about 10 bottles from memory.

Another good idea is simple wine pallets (stay with me) the idea is to make a very small pallet which holds 10 bottles and has stoppers on the edge so they don't roll off. You can then stack 10 bottles on it and then 9 on top of those. Then you repeat the process. I have seen these stacked to about six or seven levels. This is okay for bulk storage of the same wine but if you want one from the bottom you can only remove the top middle seven before you have to re-stack. But they do look really cool.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

check these guys out

Looking for the perfect wine storage solution? Look no further! Shop Winewares extensive range of wine racks online today.
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Lots on E-Bay, depending which part of the country your in. I've picked up a couple recently - eg 64 a bottle rack for £6. Ive also picked up a couple at car boot sales.
            Cheers,
            Dave.
            If I won the lottery I'd spend half the money on wine, women and song.
            But I'd probably just waste the rest of it!

Comment

I got this on Amazon in 2010 for £31, it is sold as 56 bottle, but each row takes 2 if you put some non-slip material on the lower row, and the top shelf has a 36 theoretical capacity. Last time I counted 100+ on it. This is my 'ready for drinking' rack.
              winerack2.jpg

Here's the one a chum knocked-up for ageing, that holds 300+. Bottles are more densely stored so it's efficient, but you don't want to get one out of the bottom, so it suits bulk ageing.
              IMG_2830.jpg (19 in a cell - I found claret shaped bottles safer, so have now no others in my cellar).
              Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
              Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

Working...
              X