mechanical micro-oxygenation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even betterer and simpler still!

A v small air pump, connected to bottom entry. For five minutes every day it comes on pumps a small ammount of air into the vessel while an almost equal volume of gas escapes from the airlock at the top. A pummice stone aerator comes to mind to ensure micro bubbles from the very small pump. Times and frequency would almost certainly be different than minutes daily, but that is easily controlled with the simplest of modern timing technology.

Could use gas from an oxycon (turn on oxycon when required, so no extra pump?) ... even a pure O2 bottle with solenoid ...

Now to the temperature control, while all this is going on ...

RAB

Sorry for the 'copy and paste' with subtle changes (not my spelling for amount!!), couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by oliver90owner View Post
      A pummice stone aerator comes to mind to ensure micro bubbles from the very small pump.
      I think a number of small ones would be needed to prevent localised over oxidizing.

Could cellar rats pump arrangment be used with a small thin walled hdpe container?
      Abervin - mouth of the river wine!

Comment

HDPE! Hmmm.. thinking..

http://www.flextank.com.au/ > prducts > Maturation Vessels
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ceramic-Spiro-III-Glass-CO2-Diffuser-Aquarium-large-planted-Pollen-T-Beetle-/250992162913?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item3a70 4c7861#ht_4975wt_903

Here's an interesting diffuser, designed for CO2, but should work with O2:
          Cheers,
          Dave.
          If I won the lottery I'd spend half the money on wine, women and song.
          But I'd probably just waste the rest of it!

Comment

that's an interesting idea Dave.- I have spent some time reading about bigger plastic barrels...

Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I really think that could work. Are you planning to try it out?

Comment

how we thinking of applying the chaps. On the wet side of the bung? or connecting it to some sort of those sync system?

Comment

Or you could do away with all the Rube Goldberg apparati and get yerself a proper wine barrel....
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                    Or you could do away with all the Rube Goldberg apparati and get yerself a proper wine barrel....
                    Now now Mr K, none of that...erm.....western atlantic smugness

Those smallish barrels I've seen advertised all seem to be over your side of the pond. Yet the best one I've found here so far, while only used once (burgundy or bordeaux) and in good condition, were industry standard 225 litres.

Even for Bobs garage it might be pushing the envelope.......
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                      Even for Bobs garage it might be pushing the envelope.......
                      And come Grapefest, he'd probably break it.
                      Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                      Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                      -Police Squad

Comment

he he he ..
                        Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 25-07-2013, 07:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                          It was more Whoopi Goldberg at the weekend !!

Comment

Originally posted by koomber View Post
                            And come Grapefest, he'd probably break it.
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                            X