Aging after filtering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aging after filtering?

I recently finished a gallon of beaverdale blush and only aged it for a week before filtering and bottling. As this was the first kit I'd made for a couple of years I realise that I was a little hasty in rushing through the process. Predictably enough having opened a bottle last night it wasn't very good at all. I've still got five bottles of it on the wine rack

My question is, was it a complete fail to have filtered it before giving it a decent while to age? Will it improve at all now that its been filtered? Should I put it down to experience and chuck it or should I hold on a wait for a couple of months?

I should also add that I only bottled it a week ago. Could the off tastes be a combination of lack of aging coupled with the fabled bottle shock but that it will improve in a few weeks / months?
    Feel the Zin

Not IMO. It's just probably needing more ageing......

And your experience of "not very good" should be suffixed with "yet"....
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
      Not IMO. It's just probably needing more ageing......

And your experience of "not very good" should be suffixed with "yet"....
      Thanks for the reply
      Feel the Zin

Comment

Time is a great healer and you have nothing to lose, by just waiting.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Agreed
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

I'll hang on to the wine, it's against my religion to throw wine away but it would probably be quite palatable with some lemonade. I'll give it a couple of months then try another bottle.

Thanks for the replies.
            Feel the Zin

Comment

Working...
            X