Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Number One Rose Version

Morning all.
    First time I have posted on here as am new to the world of winemaking (started in July).

Have followed several of the the recipes on this wondeful site including the famous Wine number One and have also made Kiwi and Peach versions, all of which have been lovely. Have also used some of the troubleshooting threads to assist me so thanks for all the advice and help that has truly been invaluable!

Just wanted to share this recipe.
    Basically it's Wine Number One but substituting the apple juice for 1 litre of Asda 'Cherries and Berries' concentrate. There's no preservatives or owt in it so use it straight from the carton, it contains cherry, grape, apple and raspberry juice.

It is quite high in natural sugars so I had to reduce the amount of sugar I added down from 700g in the wine no.1 original recipe to get a reading of 1.080 or thereabouts. My first attempt ended up c. 20% abv as I used too much sugar and got an initial reading of 1.150 -not good.

Takes about the same amount of time to complete fermentation as wine no.1. Ended up at a reading of 993 then racked, stabilised and bottled as per wine no.1 recipe.

I ended up with a nice cheap dry Rose, I used either apple juice or more of the cherry juice to backsweeten to a nice medium version.

Thanks again for all the great advice, cheers.
    Gary
    Last edited by Khimaera; 23-10-2013, 11:12 PM.

Welcome to Wines at Home, Gary!
    Steve

Comment

Working...
    X