Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide Mouth Carboys

Yeah!

I was very excited this morning to see my local brew shop carries a new item. It's all the things I've been wanting to see in a carboy. First of all, it's glass (yeah, I know a lot of people prefer HDPE, but I'm still an old school glass lover). Second, it has a screw top and mouth wide enough to stick your entire arm in for cleaning. Plus it has a fitting for attaching an airlock. There are also solid caps available separately, as well as a harness for carrying it safely.

Steve

Its like a posh version of tbe wide mouth/top carbouys listed at brouwland......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Also comes in a 6.5 US gallon version. Too bad it didn't seem to come as a TRUE 6.0 US gallon (ie 23 litre) version.

Steve
      the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
      "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

Steve, I don't understand the lack of a 6 gallon size, either. That's the most common size you see around here.

I'm planning to pick up a couple of the 5's to start with. Most of the California juice buckets I buy are 5.25 US gallons and rack perfectly into a 5 gallon carboy.
        Steve

Comment

Working...
        X