Help! Ran out of nutrient!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Ran out of nutrient!

Help! I just made up 5 gallons of a must that absolutely NEEDS nutrient, opened up my box of bits and I have ran out! Is there anything I can do before I pick up a tub tomorrow? Can I put in some marmite or something?
    David
    Wine making noob

Or I could just look in the right box. Nothing to see here, move along.
    David
    Wine making noob

Comment

lol
      Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
      Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

B: Can't move for carboys/FVs of Merlot & Monti and chums grapes
        C: I've really, really, really got to bottle some of that stuff soon
        D: Last of the red kits (won't do another) and selection Pingo, SavBl

What happened to A: ?
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Well with the crisis over, just remember to have some dry bread yeast and vitamin B1 tablets handy. Nuke or boil some bread yeast to kill it off, then let it cool before adding and then crush a Vit B1 tablet and add that.

Emergency nutrients. Not perfect, but will get you out of trouble.......
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Ever joyous, ever gay,
            Happy, undeserving A!

Have decanted a demijohn of 2012 Monti for today's turkey. Never tasted anything so good!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
            Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
            Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

Working...
            X